Tuesday, August 13, 2013

My Recent Vinyl Finds!

It's been a really long time since I've posted on here, and that's going to stop. I have been writing non stop, and now my thoughts need to hit this very neglected blog! Also, for the past few months I've been spending my Sunday mornings at the "Dudley Doo Right Flea Market" in my town of Dudley. It's a very interesting place, packed with vintage goodies. It has everything from World War 2 memorabilia to vintage toys to $2 DVDs etc etc. But the main thing I was focused on everytime I do to the flea market, is picking up incredibly old records. Lately I've been striking gold with such albums by "Weather Report", "Stanley Clarke", "Chick Corea", "Al Di Meola", and many many more. Last weekend, I hit the mother load of pure jazz-fusion and rock gold. The vinyls I ended up finding were:

Chick Corea - "The Mad Hatter"

Stanley Clarke - "Journey To Love" and "Modern Man"

Rush - "Fly By Night"

Al Di Meola - "Cielo e Terra"

and last but not least, my favorite out of last Sundays finds: Weather Report - "Heavy Weather"

And all I spent was just $11. Not bad! These albums are truly incredible, and I can't believe I found them right here in my own town. Truly amazing.

I'll be posting many upcoming Music/Movie/Art purchases, so please, Stay Tuned!

Jake.

No comments:

Post a Comment